Daily Archives: June 10, 2012
Good Sunday everyone. The weekend is feeling more and more like it should for this time of year. That’s certainly a change from a first week of June that felt more like September than early summer. The temps are up and now we watch our rain chances going up over the next few days. That’s not a bad thing because we could use some drops.
It’s been a while since we rocked the weather headlines. So… let’s do it to it.
- Highs today will reach the mid and upper 80s across central and eastern Kentucky with a 90 or two in the west.
- Clouds will begin to increase this afternoon and evening with the threat for a shower or thunderstorms popping up. The best chance will be across southern Kentucky and regional radar will track anything that moves…
- There is a lot of juice across the deep south into the gulf. Parts of the gulf coast picked up more than a foot of rain Saturday and we will tap some of that moisture over the next few days. Showers and storms will increase a bit later tonight and then kick into high gear Monday. Locally heavy rains will be possible. Many areas should get an inch or so of water out of all this.
- Showers and storms will continue to fire up on Tuesday, with the best chance being across the east.
- Temps early in the week may have a tough time cracking 80 because of the clouds and rain. Comfortable temps for the middle and end of the week look to be on tap as the sunshine returns.
Have a great Sunday and take care.