Daily Archives: June 27, 2012
Good Wednesday everyone. Our heat wave is just about ready to kick into high gear over the next couple of days as our temps near the danger category. Can we set some record highs? What about the prospects for some MUCH needed showers and thunderstorms? Let the headlines do all the talking.
- Did you know Lexington tied a record low Tuesday morning? 52 degrees matched the record from 1958. Now you know.
- Highs today will hit the upper 80s in the east and low 90s west under mostly sunny skies.
- Thursday sees the blistering heat begin to blast the bluegrass. Temps soar toward 100 degrees across the western half of the state with mid 90s in the east.
- Friday’s temps may become ridiculously hot. Temps well above 100 will be possible in the west and near 100 across the east. Saturday could see similar numbers.
- Showers and thunderstorms may tease us late week into the weekend. Clusters of boomers will likely fire up JUST to our north and these will have to be watched as this action could sink a little farther southward. Look at the GFS sticking its tongue out at us…
- While it would be nice to get some rain from those storms, it would also be nice to get some clouds from them. That could knock a few degrees off our temps.
- High temps will continue to run on the hot side of things into much of next week. The GFS is suggesting those clusters of storms to our north sag a little farther to the south during this time…
- This is kind of like the model teasing us with snow this past winter. I will believe it when I see it.
Have a great Wednesday and take care.