Daily Archives: June 28, 2012
Good Thursday everyone and welcome to a massive late June heat wave across the bluegrass state. Temperatures over the next few days will be among the warmest readings ever recorded in the month of June in parts of Kentucky. Triple digit heat begins today and will likely show up somewhere across the state each day through the upcoming weekend.
There isn’t a whole lot more for me to add to all this so here’s a brief breakdown…
- Temps today will hit 100-105 in the west and will range from the mid 90s to around 100 for much of the central and east.
- Similar readings will be noted for Friday and Saturday with some areas adding a degree or two from today’s highs.
- The all time June record temp for Kentucky is 110 degrees. That is in jeopardy. 114 is the hottest temp ever recorded in the state.
- The silver lining with this heat wave will be the fairly low humidity levels. This heat will basically be like what you feel when you open up an oven door.
- We will be watching for scattered storms firing up just to our north Friday and Saturday. Some of these MAY drop a little farther southward into Kentucky at some point. If that happens… it will have an impact on local temps.
- The hot weather looks to last through much of your 4th of July week. Some of the models do try to bring a better chance of scattered boomers in here next week. #fingerscrossed
Today’s heat trackers…
Here’s what you need to know about the heat…
Stay cool and have a great Thursday. Take care.