Daily Archives: July 12, 2012
Good Thursday everyone and thanks for dropping by the blog. We have been waiting and waiting and waiting on rain to help us out and it looks like our wait is just about over. Waves of showers and thunderstorms will kick in today and carry us through the upcoming weekend. The net result will be drought denting rains across the entire state.
- Scattered storms will be possible early today with the best chance across the south.
- Showers and storms will slowly increase from south to north this afternoon into the evening and will become more widespread.
- A disturbance will move northward into the state late tonight and Friday and this should act to enhance the showers and storms. Locally heavy rainfall will be a good bet and this may lead to localized flash flooding.
- Deep moisture remains in place through the upcoming weekend and this will lead to more rounds of showers and storms. Locally heavy rains will again be possible.
- Rainfall through Sunday is likely to average 1″-3″ across much of the state. Higher amounts are certainly possible for those areas getting in on repeat thunderstorm action.
Additional showers and storms will be possible into much of next week as our pattern continues to take on a different look than the one of the past few months.
Here’s your regional radar to track the progress of today’s rain…
I will have updates as needed. Have a great Thursday and take care.