Daily Archives: January 1, 2013
Happy New Year! 2013 is off and running on a rather nasty note across the bluegrass state. Rain,sleet and snow were around as the clock hit midnight and that action will continue out there today.Where do we go for the first week of the new year? I’m glad I asked that question.
– The early day mix will leave behind some slick spots on area roads… especially north and northeast. Keep an eye on southeastern Kentucky this evening and overnight. There could be a stripe of light snowfall.
– Wednesday will be a cold one with highs in the upper 20s and low 30s.
– A weak system dives in from the northwest on Thursday and this may bring some snow showers or flurries to parts of the state. That will have another cold shot coming in behind it for Friday.
– Let’s watch the Saturday night through Sunday time period. There will be another system diving in from the northwest. This one is trending stronger on the models and this could be a sneaky little snow maker. The GFS is even sniffing it out…
– If you watched my winter forecast on WKYT-TV before Thanksgiving, you know I said most of our cold and snow would come from mid January through mid February. That call looks very good right now and I’m even more bullish on the cold and snow than I was then. Right on cue, the GFS has been advertising this pattern kicking in toward the end of next week…
Thanks for all you guys did for the blog in 2012 and thanks for welcoming me back to WKYT-TV. You helped make us the most watched TV news station in Lexington during the November ratings period. I appreciate you guys and wish nothing but peace and prosperity for each of you.
Happy New Year and take care.