Daily Archives: May 27, 2017
Time posted: 2:10 am
Good Saturday, everyone. We are dealing with a very active weather pattern for the weekend, with rounds of showers and thunderstorms rolling through. These storms can be strong to severe and put down enough rain to cause flash flooding.
Here are a few notes on the weekend:
- Rounds of storms rumble across the state today through Sunday night.
- Each storm cluster can produce damaging winds, large hail and even a few tornadoes.
- A Mesoscale Convective System may develop and roll across the state this evening and tonight. Damaging winds will be the main threat if this event gets cranking.
- The actual cold front moves in late Sunday with another round of severe thunderstorms possible.
- Given how wet the ground is, and the amount of moisture available for these storms to tap, flash flooding is a very real concern this weekend.
- In between storm clusters, you can get several dry hours with warm temps and high humidity levels
I have you all set to track the severe threat today…
Here’s the severe weather outlook for Sunday…
I will update as needed and be on WKYT-TV if conditions warrant.
Enjoy your day and take care.