Daily Archives: March 4, 2018
Time posted: 1:57 pm
Good afternoon, everyone. I wanted to drop by for a quick update on the big pattern change coming for the week ahead. It’s a setup that will bring winter weather back into our region, and much of the eastern half of the country.
My overall thoughts have not changed on how things shake out in the coming days. Here’s a breakdown:
- Winds will be gusty on Monday as showers increase from west to east later in the day. That action is ahead of a potent cold front.
- A big upper level system drops into our region later Tuesday and hangs tough through Friday. That will have a lot of cold air and instability with it, especially as another low pops just to our east.
- Rain and snow showers/squalls will develop by Tuesday night and carry us through Friday morning.
- With so much instability, some thundersnow is possible.
- Some coatings will be possible in heavier snow showers, mainly in the mountains.
You can see this whole scenario playing out on the GFS…
Slow your roll on looking at numbers… much of anything that falls will be melting. Just use that as guidance on the areas seeing the best chance for snow showers and flurries. 😉
The setup for next weekend into early the following week continues to be one to watch. The stage is set for a much bigger storm to develop around our region and into the east. Here’s the GFS..
The European Model also has a healthy storm…
I will have a full update late tonight. Until then, enjoy the rest of your Sunday and take care.