Daily Archives: May 31, 2018
Time posted: 2:00 am
Good Thursday to one and all. Alberto is now out of the way, but the tropical moisture remains across our part of the world. Throw in another system moving in from the west and you have the potential for strong to severe thunderstorms breaking out.
Here’s a breakdown of the day:
- A storm or two will be noted out there early today, but much of the action arrives this afternoon and evening.
- Clusters of strong to severe storms will develop and move in from the west.
- The prime time for severe weather is this evening into the wee dawn hours of Friday.
- Damaging winds and large hail are the main threats, especially across western and central Kentucky.
- Here’s the Severe Weather Outlook from the Storm Prediction Center…
- In addition to the severe threat, repeat storms may produce enough rain to cause local high water issues.
Scattered showers and thunderstorms will then continue into Friday. Outside of the storms, temps will continue to run steamy with temps deep into the 80s.
Saturday will find only a slight chance for storms around, with highs well into the 80s.
A cold front makes a run at us on Sunday and may fire up some strong storms…
I will update things later today. For now, I have you all set to do some Thursday storm tracking…
Make it a great day and take care.