Daily Archives: April 14, 2019
Time posted: 2:07 am
Good Sunday, everyone. It’s a day of rounds of showers and storms impacting parts of the bluegrass state, with some of the storms being strong or severe. This is all coming from a strong storm system working into the region from the southwest.
Before I turn you loose with the tracking toys… some thoughts:
- Showers and storms will be around to start the day and a few could be strong or severe.
- Heavy rains may cause local high water issues.
- Skies will try to break for a while and allow temps to spike into the 70s across central and eastern Kentucky.
- That temp spike should allow for additional strong to severe storms to develop, especially across the eastern half of the state. Eastern Kentucky has the greatest severe threat.
- Much colder air sweeps in behind our front as temps hit the 30s overnight. There’s even an outside shot a few Monday morning flurries in the mountains.
- After a cool Monday, temps turn warm very quickly ahead of the next storm. That may bring another severe threat later in the week.
Here are your tracking tools for the day…
Make it a good one and take care.