Good Monday, everyone. The threat for showers and thunderstorms will increase today through the middle of the week. The rounds of storms may pack a severe weather punch and that’s what we are watching for later today. As always, I have the blog set up for your storm tracking needs.
Here’s a breakdown of the some things I’m watching for…
– Today should be another windy day with temps spiking into the mid and upper 80s ahead of developing showers and storms.
– Storms will increase from northwest to southeast and could be strong or severe by the evening. Damaging winds and large hail will be the main players.
– Showers and storms will come at us in waves tonight through Wednesday. Any one round may be severe.
– Heavy rainfall is likely during this same time. That doesn’t mean it’s going to rain all the time, but you should get some healthy rains at some point. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot of areas pick up 1″ of rain over the next few days. Locally higher amounts are very possible.
– Cooler air moves in for the middle and end of the week. This won’t be as cool as our last shot, but the temps certainly look pleasant.
Let’s get to tracking…
Today’s risk area
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio
I-75 @ Winchester Road Lexington
I-75 @ Iron Works Pike Lexington
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127 Frankfort
US 127 @ Frankfort Frankfort
I-75 at MP 36 London
I-71/I-75 at Buttermilk Pike Near Covington
I-64 @ 3rd St. Exit Louisville
Downtown Louisville @ 2nd & Broadway Louisville
I-65 @ 234 Near Bowling Green
I-24 MP 4 @ US 60 Paducah
Enjoy the day and take care.