Good Friday, everyone. Old Man Winter FINALLY makes a return visit to the bluegrass state in what is our most widespread snowfall since early November. And guess what? He throws a little more snow at us on Saturday. What in the wide world of weather is going on around here? 🙂
A Winter Weather Advisory is out for most of the region to start the day…
Here’s a quick update before we get your tracking toys:
- A healthy swath of snow will be with us this morning across much of central and eastern Kentucky.
- Snowfall totals are lighter in the west and heavier in the east. Areas of central and eastern parts of the state fall within the 1″ and 4″ range.
- There’s the potential for a few areas to overachieve.
- By afternoon, light snows taper to snow showers and flurries.
- Travel will be rather messy this morning with some black ice under any snow that falls.
- Another light snow maker will roll in here early Saturday and should be able to drop some additional light accumulations.
I will have updates later today so check back. Until then, I have you all set to do some Friday snow tracking…
Mountain Parkway near Slade
Have a great day and take care.