Good Saturday and welcome to a mild start to December. Thermometer readings will head toward the low 60s over the next few days and that has a lot of winter lovers worried. Never fear… some big changes are brewing. Those changes are showing up pretty strongly on the models with the first push coming next weekend.
Here’s the breakdown:
– Temps today hit 60 in many spots as clouds increase and winds pick up.
– Those clouds will produce a few showers by Sunday with highs in the low 60s. A leftover shower is possible by Monday with more mild temps.
– A strong cold front sweeps across the state Tuesday with rain and gusty winds.
– We will chill it down into the low and mid 40s for highs Wednesday as that shot of chill gets pushed quickly to our east.
– A more powerful cold front arrives by late Friday into Saturday and that appears to be the start of a big change across much of the country. Take a look at what a trough the models are carving out by late next weekend into the following week…
It’s interesting to see the Canadian showing several wintry looking systems targeting our region ahead of that deep trough…
It will be interesting to see how this transition toward winter all plays out as we get closer. But, all of this looks to fall within the December 7th-14th time frame. Have I mentioned those dates before?
I’m not going to say too much, but the middle of and end of December has a certain look about it.
Have a great Saturday and take care.