Good Morning everyone. With the pattern change toward winter beginning in the coming days, your friendly weatherdude is going to step up the amount of posts you guys get on a given day. We are getting close to Christmas and the holidays, so I will also be having a little more fun with some of the posts.
This means some of the overnight posts won’t be as long and detailed since you will be getting more info throughout the day. That starts now and may also have something to do with me needing to get to bed a littler earlier.
- Rounds of showers and thunder will roll across the state today. The rain will be more concentrated across the north and west. Heavy downpours will be likely.
- A cold front stalls out around here this weekend with waves of low pressure working along it. Additional showers and isolated thunderstorms will be likely through Sunday Night. Some areas will pick up 1″-2″ of rain this weekend.
- A strong cold front moves in on Monday and will cause our temps to tank from west to east. The models are now picking up on a few waves of low pressure developing along this front. Each model handles the waves differently and that’s something they will work out this weekend. The GFS Ensembles Mean is picking up on this:
- That would up the chance for a period of light snow later Monday into Tuesday. If those waves aren’t real… then we go from rain to snow showers and flurries right behind the front before ending.
- Regardless… it’s going to get cold from later Monday through Wednesday as our temps go well below normal as a deep trough digs in…
- Watch how the blocking across eastern Canada and Greenland really kicks in next weekend…
- That pattern will force the storm track to our south and set up some interesting times leading up to Christmas.
So much for me keeping this one short. Oh well… I do what I do. haha
Have a great Friday and take care.