Good Monday evening. The wild weather ride will kick into high gear over the next few days as a powerful cold front moves across the bluegrass state. Here’s a look at what to expect:
- Near record high temps Tuesday as many areas hit the upper 60s to around 70 degrees.
- Wind gusts of 30-40mph will be possible during the day.
- The cold front swings eastward Tuesday night and Wednesday with a squall line of thunderstorms along it. This will set the stage for the potential for severe thunderstorms and damaging winds. The Storm Prediction Center shows the threat level:
- Snow showers and flurries will be possible Wednesday night into Thursday.
- A couple of light snow makers will work in Friday into Saturday as arctic cold temps take hold.
Have a great evening and take care.