Daily Archives: February 24, 2017
Time posted: 2:08 am
Good Friday, everyone. We have a very active weather day taking shape across Kentucky. Record high temperatures will give way to the threat for strong and severe thunderstorms rolling through the region this evening.
Here’s a breakdown of the day:
- Record high temps of 75-80 degrees will be possible this afternoon.
- This could be one of the top 5 warmest winter days on record for the state
- Winds today will be gusty between 30mph and 40mph at times
- A squall line of thunderstorms will develop across western Kentucky by late afternoon into the early evening
- That line races eastward with the main impact from 8pm-2am
- Damaging wind will be the main threat, with a local tornado threat a possibility
It’s a WKYT First Alert Severe Weather Day, so make us your one stop source for your storm tracking needs on TV.
As always, I have the blog set up to be your online source…
Today’s risk area
I will update things later today. Enjoy the summer air and take care.