Daily Archives: March 9, 2019
Time posted: 1:26 am
Good Saturday, everyone. We have a very active weather day taking shape across Kentucky as a strong storm system rolls from the Plains into the Great Lakes. This will bring severe thunderstorms and high winds to much of our region through tonight.
The Storm Prediction Center has an Enhanced Risk for severe storms in the west…
Here’s a quick breakdown of how the day may play out:
- Rounds of strong to severe storms will sweep from west to east through the evening. The greatest risk for severe weather is across the western half of the state.
- Damaging winds, large hail and a few tornadoes will be possible.
- The severe threat diminishes the farther east that you live.
- Storms may also produce torrential rains that can cause local high water issues.
- High winds are likely, with or without thunderstorms. Gusts of 50mph to 60mph are possible and would be more than enough to cause some issues.
I have you all set to track today’s severe weather threat. I’ll start things out with your exclusive interactive radar. Don’t forget to use this to watch live feeds from storm chasers anywhere in the country…
Updates as needed throughout the day. Make it a good one and take care.