Good Sunday, everyone. Hurricane Irma is slamming the state of Florida today, and should cause devastation from south to north. The greatest emphasis of this storm will be across The Gulf Coast side of the sunshine state.
Before I get you all the tracking tools you need on Irma, a few thoughts:
- The remnants of Irma will work into the region by Tuesday and hang around for a few days.
- Rounds of showers and thunderstorms begin Monday night and should carry us through the rest of the week.
- Heavy rains will be possible, but this shouldn’t produce nearly as max totals as Harvey did here. Still, we will need to be on guard for some local high water issues.
- Winds will be rather gusty and may reach 40mph at times on Tuesday, especially across the southern parts of the state.
- Hurricane Jose looks to patiently wait behind Irma and may threaten the east coast next weekend.
I’m starting the tracking tools with the interactive radar. Take control of it as you please, and you can even pull up live storm cam feeds from south Florida as Irma comes ashore…
Make it a great day and take care.