Good Tuesday, folks. It’s a harsh winter day across the bluegrass state with arctic snow and bitter cold sharing the stage. Travel conditions are terrible for much of our region, leading to all kinds of cancellations and delays.
Some quick thoughts…
- The snow band continues to slowly work across the state, leaving behind several inches as it does so. Local 4″+ amounts will likely show up across central and eastern Kentucky through the day.
- Winds will be gusty, creating some blowing and drifting of the snow.
- Many roads will be snow-covered.
- Temps spend much of today in the 10-15 degree range, with wind chills near zero or below.
- Readings tonight and early Wednesday may drop below zero, with wind chills nearing -10
- Snow showers and flurries will be around on Wednesday with highs back into the teens.
Here are your tracking tools for the day…
Hamburg Area from WKYT Studio
Fifth Third Pavilion Live Cam
I-75 @ Newtown Pike
I-75 @ Clays Ferry Bridge South
Between Lexington and Richmond
US 60 @ US 127
US 60 @ Chenault Road
I-64 at KY-801
I-65 MP 92.4
Louie B Nunn MP 3
Natcher Parkway MP 5
Near Bowling Green
I-24 MP 7 @ US 62
I-275 approaching KY 20/Airport
I-71/I-75 at Buttermilk Pike
I-71/I-75 at 12th St.
Have a good one and take care.