Good afternoon, folks. It’s a good looking day in the Commonwealth, but it’s all eyes on the wild weekend weather ride. Our potent storm system continues to look on track to bring a big time impact on the our weather and the weather of millions of people.
- Scattered showers and storms develop Thursday evening and this action will increase into Friday, especially across central and western Kentucky.
- Rounds of showers and storms then work in from Friday night through Saturday night, bringing a flood and flash flood risk.
- The greatest high water risk continues to be across western and parts of central Kentucky.
- A few strong to severe storms will be possible on Saturday.
- High winds of greater than 50mph will be possible Saturday and Saturday night.
- Near record high temps are possible on Saturday, especially across eastern Kentucky. That’s where temps can reach 70-75.
The winds are likely to be a major issue with this setup. Gusts of 40mph or higher are possible Friday…
I will have the latest on WKYT starting at 4pm and then with another update on KWC later this evening. Enjoy the day and take care.